We recommend Competitors and Recreational/Map Hikers preregister online since “race day” registrations are limited to maps on hand. Maps are printed based on online registration numbers and a few spares.
All entrants must complete a waiver prior to participation. Any individual under 18 must have their parent/guardian sign the waiver.
12 October 2019
8:00 am Registration Opens
9:15 am Beginner Orienteering Class
10:00 am Registration Closes
10:00 am First Start
Type – Traditional Courses
Courses Available – White, Yellow, Orange, Black
Course Time Limit – 3 hours
Punching – E-Punch Required for all competitive courses.
Map – 1:7,500, 2.5m contour interval, 2018
Terrain – An urban park with a combination of trails and open fields.
Location – Challenger 7 Memorial Park, Webster, TX
Additional – Bathrooms with running water and portable toilets are available
Course Lengths: Black (Extended Orange)-7km, Orange-4.7km, Yellow-3.5/3.3km, White-2.3/2.4km
- Competitive Orienteers are required to use E-Punch and are eligible for medals.
- Recreational/Map Hikers are NOT required to use E-Punch and are NOT eligible for medals.
- If you do not have an E-Punch (SI Card), HOC rentals may be available for $3.
- For more information or to make an E-Punch (SI Card) purchase/s, contact the SPORTident.us website. http://sportident.us
REGISTRATION – CLOSED!
Login & Register (closes AT 10 PM ON 10 October 2019)
- Pay online with a Credit Card or PayPal account by Clicking HERE
- Pay at the event (Make checks out to Houston Orienteering Club)
Every entrant must submit a completed waiver prior to participating. If the participant is under 18, the waiver must be signed by their parent or legal guardian.
Scan and email the completed waiver to ContactHOC@orienteeringusa.org or submit it at the event.
* “E-Punch (SI Card)” rental, not returned: Replacement fee $30